Our story began as two seasoned Emergency Management professionals who shared a deep concern about climate change—the impact on our profession, and the impact on those we serve.
After experiencing torrential flooding that devastated vulnerable communities in the Southeast US in 2016, we assumed prominent roles in response-to-relief and relief-to-resilient recovery disaster operations.
We formed Blue Ocean Analytics as an homage to the melting Arctic when it became painfully clear to us that the disaster management profession urgently needed to address the devastating potential of climate disruption.
Today, we are proud to be a growing women and minority-owned small business engaged locally in the United States, and internationally in the Middle East/North Africa, and East Africa.
We are passionate about forging partnerships with like-minded thought leaders in Disaster Management and Humanitarian Assistance. Together, we can work to address the most dire era our profession has ever faced.
Organizations worldwide are facing an increasingly complex threat environment. The warming Arctic, changing jet stream patterns, and extreme cascading weather events are creating a volatile theater for humanitarian operations.
We believe that that disaster management is not a cycle—it’s a three- dimensional spiral. Integrating response, recovery, mitigation and preparedness with strategies to address the shocks and stressors of climate disruption leads to “upward spiral” of successful adaptation. Failure to do so can result in a “downward spiral” of systemic collapse for organizations at all levels.
What BOA Does
Partner With Us
BOA offers our clients synergies in the following areas:
- Assessing abrupt climate impacts to organizations
- Stress testing response, recovery, preparedness, and mitigation plans
- Disaster Management capacity assessments of business processes and facilities
- Full-life cycle Disaster Management Training and Exercises
- Climate Disruption Plans and Annexes
- Benefit-Cost Analysis for Climigration, Resilience and Mitigation projects
- Response and Recovery Planning
- Resilience funding stream development and portfolio management
- Sound management processes and capacity building
Connect with us and one of our Directors will be in touch within 24 hours.